Friday, May 18, 2012

Blogging & Twitter Beginner

I've dabbled in blogging and twittering for a few years now, but this week I decided to "get serious". I'm not sure what that means though.

When you started blogging and twittering, how did you begin talking?

I think my deeper, darker question--will anyone want to listen?

I understand that I need to make myself someone worth listening to in the blogosphere and twitterverse, but I wonder if I have anything new to say. Is it worth blogging if I'm just reposting the thoughts and ideas of others? Do I have to contribute something new, a controversial comment or witty remark? Are rhetorical questions the must frustrating thing to readers of a blog?

Yet, I have a vision for my blog. I want it to be a place that my students (teachers in BVSD) can come to learn about new technology and ideas in education. I want it to be a place where we can debate and discuss ideas and vision for implementing technology in the classroom. I want it to be a place where I can reflect on what it's like to be on this end of the district, I'm now a part of the calvary rather than being in the trenches of the classroom. My experience through this transition could take up an entire book already, so I know I have so much to share about that.

I think I can make this a blog worth reading, I think my fear right now is whether or not it will actually happen and whether or not it will actually be useful.






No comments:

Post a Comment